If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came to me right as I was about to overextend myself: I'm 8 mos pregnant and, with a day of cooking ahead of me, almost decided to whip up impromptu blueberry corn muffins for breakfast. As I stared at the cornmeal trying to gear up to bake, it struck me: BREAKFAST POLENTA! Such a treat, so very Italian, and (most importantly) quick and easy. I boosted nutrition with almond meal and blueberries and couldn't have been happier with the ridiculously yummy results. Enjoy! - ChowMamaStacie - One Hungry Mama
Food52 Review: ChowMama Stacie, inspired by a Martha Stewart recipe, starts with a brilliant concept (polenta instead of cream of wheat!) and runs with it. She blends almond meal with the polenta and cooks the two together, later adding vanilla, fresh blueberries and cardamom. A bit of honey lends just the right amount of sweetness -- a light touch keeps it from being cloying. We tried it with hazelnut meal too, and it was fantastic. We think this delicately flavored breakfast cereal would be great with whatever berries are in season. - A&M - The Editors
Serves 3 to 4
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup quick-cook polenta
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinches Cardamom (up to 1/4 teaspoon)
- Crème fraîche or sour cream, optional
- Bring milk to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add polenta, whisking constantly until smooth. Add almond meal and continue whisking until the polenta thickens to a creamy consistency. Add butter and whisk until it melts completely.
- Turn heat off and whisk in honey, blueberries, vanilla and cardamom. Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche or sour cream and an extra sprinkle of blueberries.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.