If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pizza is inspired by one I had a few summers ago at a charming little cafe in Raleigh, NC, called Zest. I remembered loving the fact that there were peaches on the pizza and with the pesto, they provided a really nice contrast. It may sound odd, but all of the components come together really beautifully. I also thought it might be fun to try making a mint pesto for the base. It makes for a great late summer pizza. - tiptoesinthekitchen
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. less sodium soy sauce
- pinches mixed dried herbs
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Place the chicken breast in a shallow dish or zip lock bag, pour marinade over and make sure the chicken is fully coated. Let sit in the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour an up to overnight.
- Grill on each side over medium high heat for about 5 minutes on each side. Slice in thin pieces.
Pesto Base and Pizza Ingredients
- Pesto Ingriedients:
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- about 2/3 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Combine basil, mint, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until the ingredients are finely chopped. With the food processor still running, gradually add olive oil until the pesto is thick and smooth.
- Assembling the Pizza Use a spatula to spread the pesto thinly and evenly over your favorite pizza dough. Sprinkle the edges of the crust with some parmesan cheese. Place chicken over pizza, followed by the peach slices (from 3-4 peeled fresh peaches) and 6 or 7 discs of provolone cheese (or about a cup shredded) Bake at 475 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls