If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from my desire to eat salt and pepper wings, but not to spend money on Chinese takeaways... Who says you can't have it all ways? I must confess to only making this recipe by eye; use your own judgement when it comes to how much salt and pepper (or any herbs/spices of your choice) to add. The recipe requires some forethought, as it rests overnight in the fridge. —RockSaltUK
Serves about 15, depending on pack size
- 2 packets chicken wings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground Szechuan pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 spring onions
- 1 long red chili
- Prepare the chicken wings by trimming the tips and removing excess skin and fat.
- Tip the flour into a box with an air-tight lid, and add the salt and pepper. Stir well to mix.
- Put the chicken wings into the box, and put the lid on. Give the box a good shake, rattle and/or roll to thoroughly coat the wings with the seasoned flour. There will seem to be a lot of excess; this is OK.
- Refrigerate the wings overnight.
- When you're ready to cook, heat the oven to 400F/200C. Take the box out of the fridge and give another shake to loosen things up. Take the wings out and layer on a wire rack with a tray underneath. You'll find that the wings have stuck together and that the flour coating is now more of a thick batter - this is perfect, but be sure to separate them before cooking.
- Put the wings in the oven for 25 minutes. Turn them over once, halfway through the cooking time.
- While the wings are cooking, thinly slice the bell pepper, diagonally slice the spring onion and slice the chili into rings, removing or leaving the seeds as you prefer.
- When the wings are ready, put them in a serving bowl and toss with the bell pepper, spring onion and chili.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.