If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What happens when you have a surplus of red cabbage and don't want to make coleslaw? You make pasta instead! - mtlabor
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 9 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles, or other pasta
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, combine the onion, garlic, and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cover tightly with plastic wrap or covering. Microwave for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
- Heat a large skillet under medium high heat and add the onion-garlic puree, cabbage, and tomatoes.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, according to package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the heavy cream with the cornstarch until completely dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the onion-garlic in the skillet. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 minute, or until slightly thickened.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and nutmeg to the sauce. Whisk until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add noodles to mixture and toss well. Serve right away!
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.