If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this recipe from and old British Foodie show called The Best.This quick recipe his is my go-to chicken wing recipe, especially when kids are involved. I adjust the amount of heat for the audience, but using mango chutney as the dipping sauce makes little ones very happy and is a nice cooling vehicle for the grown-ups. - cheryl - cheryl
Food52 Review: These could not have been easier or tastier. I split the recipe in half, making part with the full amount of cayenne and part with half levels. The fully spicy wings aren't kidding around, so really don't forget the chutney! - emmanation - A&M
Makes 20 - 24 wings
- 20 -24 large chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons AP flour
- 3 tablespoons mild smokey chili powder
- 1 - 2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (all or part optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt to sprinkle at end
- 1 jar good mango chutney
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place a wire rack on baking sheet and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, and seasonings and toss wings until completely covered.
- Arrange wings on wire rack and roast in oven for 25 - 35 minutes. Turn wings over about half way.
- Remove wings from oven when they are crispy and golden brown around the edges.
- Serve wings on platter with mango chutney and get out of the way.