If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was making traditional buffalo wings one day and decided to add a second flavor. Looking through the fridge, I immediately saw sambal oelek and chinese mustard, the only thing missing was a way to cut through the intense heat of the sambal. I reached for the honey and the new wings were gone well before the classic version. - Tony S
Serves a crowd
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons Sambal Oelek
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Mustard
- 3 Scallions, greens only thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut wings into three pieces, save wing tips for another use.
- Cover rimmed baking sheet (or two), large enough to fit wings, in a single layer with foil to make cleanup easier.
- Season wings with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake wings for 45-55 minutes, flipping every 15 minutes until done.
- While wings are baking, make sauce.
- Mix sambal, honey, and chinese mustard together in a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl. Just before wings are done, heat sauce to a simmer and take off heat or out of microwave.
- Dump sauce into a large bowl big enough to toss wings. Once wings are done, toss wings with sauce, transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with scallions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings