Author Notes: I originally posted this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6plE7IpXEwg) on YouTube in Jan 2008 and with nearly 52,000 views, it is my most popular recipe on YouTube so far. I have experimented with it a bit more since then and this is my updated version. Chuncheon is the provincial capital of Korea's Gangwon province and it's known for their spicy chicken dish called dakkalbi. I used the dakkalbi marinade to give these chicken wings a Korean flair. - Tamar
- .25 cups gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons gochugaru (Korean pepper flakes) or hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon kangjang (soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- .5 teaspoons black pepper
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well until they are completely combined.
Making the wings
- .5 cups dakkalbi marinade
- 24 chicken wings
- After mixing the marinade, place the marinade and the chicken wings in a gallon sized freezer bag and allow to marinade for at least 1/2 hour but overnight is even better.
- Place the wings in a 350 and bake them in your oven for 20-25 minutes on each side until they are well done.
- I serve them with a small cup of either bleu cheese or ranch dressing and celery sticks on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings