If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I originally posted this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6plE7IpXEwg) on YouTube in Jan 2008 and with nearly 52,000 views, it is my most popular recipe on YouTube so far. I have experimented with it a bit more since then and this is my updated version. Chuncheon is the provincial capital of Korea's Gangwon province and it's known for their spicy chicken dish called dakkalbi. I used the dakkalbi marinade to give these chicken wings a Korean flair. - Tamar
- .25 cups gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons gochugaru (Korean pepper flakes) or hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon kangjang (soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- .5 teaspoons black pepper
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well until they are completely combined.
Making the wings
- .5 cups dakkalbi marinade
- 24 chicken wings
- After mixing the marinade, place the marinade and the chicken wings in a gallon sized freezer bag and allow to marinade for at least 1/2 hour but overnight is even better.
- Place the wings in a 350 and bake them in your oven for 20-25 minutes on each side until they are well done.
- I serve them with a small cup of either bleu cheese or ranch dressing and celery sticks on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.