Author Notes: Every working chef has her or his special recipe for chicken wings, and this is mine. I sold a LOT of them when I was catering. They are almost embarrassingly easy to make, and your family and friends are sure to eat every single one on the platter! - ChefJune
Serves a bunch!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small can orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 juice can water
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 2 Serrano Chiles, very finely chopped
- Trim the gristly section off each chicken wing and reserve for stock. Rinse the chicken wings under cold running water and blot dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Heat broiler to 450 degrees F. Arrange chicken wings on broiler pans and broil for about 4 minutes on each side – until browned and crispy. Remove from broiler and drain on paper towels. Put the cooked wings into a roaster or hotel pan.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine orange juice concentrate, water, honey and chiles in a small saucepan. Stir to blend, and allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil. Don’t let the mixture continue cooking – turn it off right away. Pour the hot mixture over the wings and toss to coat all of them.
- 4. Serve hot or at room temperature and watch everyone lick their fingers!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings