If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You put da lime in da coconut...Last night we played around with several recipes and this one was the best in my opinion. Grilling is our preferred way of cooking wings, but these could be tossed in the oven also. - nannydeb - nannydeb
Food52 Review: This makes the best chicken wings I have ever had, and I have had a chicken wing fervor ever since visiting the Buffalo bar that claims Buffalo Wings. The coconut milk makes the wings tender, and the other ingredients blend into a flavorful finish. It was like having a tropical dance in my mouth! They cooked up really fast on a weeknight. Thanks, nannydeb. – luvcookbooks - A&M
- 1 1/2-2 pound chicken wings, cut in two pieces, tips removed and reserved for stock
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 Birdseye, Thai chile, serrano or jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon unsweetened flaked coconut for garnish
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Add chicken wings and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Grill the wings over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, or until skin is crispy brown and meat is tender.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and flaked coconut.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings