Author Notes: I came up with these wings on a whim. We call them Crack Wings because of their ridiculously addictive nature. They are perfect for parties - I have served them at tailgates as well as casual dinner parties. Essentially the sauce is a riff on pesto. Quick, easy and delicious....with a giant garlic smack in the face. - zest in the midwest
- 2 pounds Chicken wing portions
- 3/4 cups Olive oil
- 2 jalapenos, ribs and seeds removed
- 12 Cloves of garlic, peeled (go ahead and smash them)
- 3/4 cups freshly grated pecorino
- Preheat the oven to 450 F
- Add the garlic cloves and jalapenos to a small food processor. Slowly add the oil and a tablespoon of cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Pour half of the oil mixture into a bowl, along with the wings. Toss well to coat.
- Place the wings on a foiled baking sheet. Season liberally with salt and pepper and place in the oven.
- baste the wings with the remaining oil mixture every 15 minutes, for a total of 45 minutes. turn the wings over at the 30 minute mark.
- When the wings are roasted (they may need an extra ten minutes or so depending on your oven), place on a platter and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings