If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These wings are inspired by the flavors of Hawaii. This take on the Huli Huli flavor will definitely give you a different opinion on how wing sauces should taste. Huli means turn in Hawaiian. —A Couple Bites
Makes about 15-18 wings
- 1.5 cups Finely Chopped Pineapple
- 2 cups Huli Huli Sauce
- 3 pounds Chicken Wings, split and tips removed if preferred
- Add pineapple and 1/2 of Huli-Huli sauce into gallon plastic bag.
- Add chicken wings, toss to coat. Seal bag removing all air.
- Marinate 25 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place on grill pouring excess marinade over wings. Grill 15-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside flipping once.
- Once cooked, remove from grill placing in large bowl with remaining Huli-Huli sauce. Toss to coat. Serve.
Huli Huli Sauce
- 1 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 juice of lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Combine ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat until reduced to approx. 2 cups and sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and split into two portions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.