Author Notes: These wings are inspired by the flavors of Hawaii. This take on the Huli Huli flavor will definitely give you a different opinion on how wing sauces should taste. Huli means turn in Hawaiian. - A Couple Bites
Makes about 15-18 wings
- 1.5 cups Finely Chopped Pineapple
- 2 cups Huli Huli Sauce
- 3 pounds Chicken Wings, split and tips removed if preferred
- Add pineapple and 1/2 of Huli-Huli sauce into gallon plastic bag.
- Add chicken wings, toss to coat. Seal bag removing all air.
- Marinate 25 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place on grill pouring excess marinade over wings. Grill 15-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside flipping once.
- Once cooked, remove from grill placing in large bowl with remaining Huli-Huli sauce. Toss to coat. Serve.
Huli Huli Sauce
- 1 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 juice of lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Combine ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat until reduced to approx. 2 cups and sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and split into two portions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings