If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As soon as the weather turns cold and good local apples are still plentiful, I begin the ritual of packing this lunch to take to work. I have been making and packing the same lunch for myself for the past few years. I eat this at my desk or at meetings, savoring the mix of crunchy apples and nuts, chewy raisins or craisins, creamy yogurt, and the sparkle of lemon or lime juice. I never get tired of this lunch and appreciate not having to ask myself each busy morning: what am I going to take for lunch today? Note: if you like ginger and have it on hand, a grating of fresh ginger or a piece of chopped crystallized ginger makes a nice addition. —JoanG
- 1 good, curnchy apple such as Honeycrisp
- 1 cup good plain yogurt such as Greek style or my favorite, Sheeps milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted nuts, such as walmuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins,craisins, or dried cherries or a mix of these
- 1 lime or lemon or a key lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons good honey (I love lavender honey)
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- Core the apple and cut into large chunky dice. I leave on the
- Mix the ygourt and honey together. Mix in apple, fruit and nuts. Add ginger.
- Squeeze the lime or lemon juice over the mixture, give it a stir, and pack in a little dish to take for lunch or serve as a side dish at dinner.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is Your Cilantro Contaminated?