If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was in school, there was a place that specialized in "weird " sandwiches. You could assemble whatever combination of ingredients you wanted from a long list. Since it was after Thanksgiving and there was no more turkey around, I decided to create a combo that would incorporate both the turkey and the cranberry. Then I took it one step further since I also loved cream cheese, tomato, and sprouts -- sounds weird, but layer that up and you'll be hooked. Best bagged lunch sandwich of all times! - micki barzilay
Makes 1 sandwich
- 2 pieces of whole wheat bread
- 4 healthy slices of turkey
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cranberry relish
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 avocado (preferably Hass)
- Handful vegetable sprouts and/or lettuce (optional)
- 4 slices of tomato (optional)
- Take 2 pieces of a good sliced whole wheat bread and smear cream cheese on each piece. On one of the pieces of bread, layer the cranberry, turkey, avocado, sprouts/lettuce, and tomato. Place the other piece on top of the stack. Cut the sandwich in half, wrap it in saran wrap, and place it into your brown bag for lunch.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch