If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Once a year I do a week long raw food cleanse. This is a recipe from one of those weeks. I have tweaked it by adding some non-raw food ingredients and now enjoy it throughout the year. I'm fairly particular about my brown bag lunches, because I find that most dishes can't hold up to the fluctuating temperatures. This salad is just as good at room temperature as it is right out of the fridge. —roseinparis
- 2 small zucchinis or one large
- 1 handful toasted pine nuts
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved or quarted depending on size
- zest from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 1 inch pieces chèvre chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh, raw corn cut off the cob
- Thinly slice zucchini lengthwise, then slice those pieces into thin strips lengthwise, should resemble fettuccine (could also use a mandolin). Sprinkle with some salt to soften and set aside while preparing other ingredients. When other ingredients are ready, combine with zucchini. Depending on the consistency of your pesto you might have to loosen the mix with some liquid (water, lemon juice, olive oil all work well). Pack it up in tupperware and enjoy at lunch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.