Author Notes: Asian pears are one of my favorite fruits. I love the nutty, fresh taste and crisp texture. The crispness of the Asian pears is a nice counterpoint to the soft and smooth texture of the mangoes. - Bevi
- 1 Asian pear
- 1 Ripe mango
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1/2 cup Good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon country mustard (or your own concoction)
- 1 tablespoon Grade B maple syrup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make a vinaigrette of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, country mustard, and salt and pepper. Stir well to emulsify.
- Rough chop the fruits and place in a bowl.
- Pour in one generous tablespoon of the vinaigrette and blend into the fruits. Use more vinaigrette if you want. Save the rest for a green or Waldorf Salad.
- Serve cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw