If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Asian pears are one of my favorite fruits. I love the nutty, fresh taste and crisp texture. The crispness of the Asian pears is a nice counterpoint to the soft and smooth texture of the mangoes. - Bevi
- 1 Asian pear
- 1 Ripe mango
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1/2 cup Good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon country mustard (or your own concoction)
- 1 tablespoon Grade B maple syrup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make a vinaigrette of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, country mustard, and salt and pepper. Stir well to emulsify.
- Rough chop the fruits and place in a bowl.
- Pour in one generous tablespoon of the vinaigrette and blend into the fruits. Use more vinaigrette if you want. Save the rest for a green or Waldorf Salad.
- Serve cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.