If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My daughter used to love pan-fried, crispy bottom dumplings for her lunch. I love the flavours in this. - Kitchen Butterfly
Serves a lot
- Dumpling wrappers (from a Chinese shop)
- 300g Pork mince
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and all the liquid/water squeezed out
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly mixed
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 – 4 cloves crushed garlic
- Dash of fish sauce
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon – tablespoon cooking oil
- Set the dumpling wrappers aside, in readiness (following the instructions on the packet)
- Mix the meat and seasoning - coriander leaves, spinach, onions, coriander seeds, egg, ginger, garlic, flour, fish sauce and salt and pepper together, using two forks to gently combine them (just like you do with meatloaf)
- Place a teaspoon full of filling in each wrapper and seal, using water as the glue.
- Heat up a frying pan with the oil and gently place the dumplings in to brown, 3-4 minutes. Once browned,add some water (to create steam and a shallow pool), place a lid over it and leave till dumplings shrivel and the water dries up. When you open the pan, the undersides should have browned….flip over and cook other side briefly till bronzed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dumplings
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
Exaggerated Chocolate Chip Cookies
Extra thin, extra delicious.
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.
DIY Herb Rub
Pasta e Fagioli
Go play outside!