If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is a variation on a salad nicoise because I had no nicoise olives. I have improvised with ingredients that I did have on hand. I like the addition of pickled green tomatoes. The salad does not look so beautiful packed in my little tiffin, but it is meant to transfer out to a plate and then dress. - Sagegreen
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar or pear-infused vinegar
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 small piece of anchovy filet packed in oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon acacia honey
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh milled pepper to taste
For the salad
- 2 small red bliss potatoes, perfectly boiled, salted, and then quartered
- 1 perfectly hard boiled egg, cut into eighths
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill, chives, flat leaf parsley, and basil
- 2 small heirloom tomatoes, eighthed
- 2 slices of pickled green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capote capers
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely minced
- 4 small dill gherkins, julienned
- 2 ounces small freshly pickled cucumber, coarsely julienned
- 4 ounces tuna steak or canned tuna spritzed with lemon juice
- 3 ounces French green beans, cooked and then shocked in ice water, or roasted or pickled asparagus
- 1 ounce crumpled feta, optional
- 1 tablespoon black kalamata olives, chopped
- dash of kosher or pink Himalayan salt
- For the dressing mash the anchovy into the olive oil; add the other ingredients. Put in a travel container that can be shaken well just before serving.
- Pack all the salad ingredients together for travel. Keep well chilled. Then plate the salad and dress just before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.