If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My twist on an Indian classic. - micki barzilay - micki barzilay
Food52 Review: Micki Barzilay's Cauliflower - Gobi - Indian style is a hearty, healthy, delicious vegetarian main dish just right for supper on a cool fall evening. Micki pairs the cauliflower with canned chickpeas instead of potatoes (as in traditional Aloo Gobhi)) a nice little trick that streamlines preparation and cooking time. With juicy tomatoes, one cup of water was more than enough. Also note the sweet spicy mustard called for is a prepared mustard, not mustard seeds. I served this Gobi with brown rice, and mixed the leftovers together for a great brown bag lunch. The chopped cilantro makes a fresh, pungent garnish that really compliments the soft, tangy cooked vegetables. - Apple Annie - The Editors
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 can of cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 green chilies
- 1 small onion
- 4-6 Tomatoes (tempered to remove skin)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 teaspoon spicy & sweet mustard
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 threads of saffron
- 6 curry leaves
- water as needed
- salt to taste
- 4 sprigs of coriander
- Heat oil in fry pan add mustard ,cut onions, green chillies (chopped finely), curry leaves, & saffron. Saute till golden brown then Add water,cauliflower florets, chili oil, and mix together , Add garbanzo beans, skinned cubed tomatoes, garam masala, salt & water (as needed to maintain liquid sauce) , cook florets until soft .Garnish with finely chopped coriander.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!