If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 tbsp (+ 2 additional teaspoons) olive oil
- 1 small (1 lb) cauliflower, cored, cut into small florets
- 1 small fennel bulb (reserve leaves for garnish) bulb cored and chopped
- 1 lb russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken stock, plus 2 cans of water
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp saffron threads, crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; add cauliflower, fennel, potatoes, cumin, and onion and cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes.
- Cover pot; reduce heat to low and sweat mixture 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Add chicken stock, water, salt, bay leaf, and saffron; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 25 minutes, stirring several times, or until vegetables are very tender.
- Uncover; remove from heat and puree soup directly in the pot using and immersion blender or in a blender in 3 batches.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese or reserved fennel leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
Kale Pesto Orecchiette & The Gin Hound.
Not-so traditional pesto
Smoky and Spicy Paloma
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Poems for your fridge.