If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe that I make often. It is healthy, satisfying and easy to make. Sometimes I will use only broth when I am blending it into a sauce, making it is virtually fat free, while other times I use a great deal of oil when blending the sauce for a creamier texture. I substitute vegetable broth for chicken on Meatless Mondays and do not taste much a flavor difference. - MyCommunalTable
- 1 head of cauliflower, separated into florets
- 3-5 gloves of garlic, smashed
- 3 T.-1/2 cups olive oil
- fresh thyme sprigs, 3-4
- few dashes creole seasonings
- 2-4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 15 oz. can of butter beans
- Huge handful of fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place cauliflower florets on baking sheet with the smashed up cloves of garlic.
- Coat with 2-3 T. of olive oil, creole seasonings, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Throw the sprigs of thyme on a baking sheet then toss all the ingredients together, making sure everything is coated with the oil.
- Place in preheated oven at 400F for about twenty minutes. You will know it is done when the cauliflower is roasted a light brown and tender.
- Place everything from the baking sheet into a blender, except the wood of the thyme springs. Pop the garlic out of its peels, then add.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth and start blender slowly. Keep adding chicken broth or olive oil until you get a smooth consistency.
- Put the sauce in a sauce pan to keep heated. Adjust flavors with salt and pepper.
- Start your pasta water boiling. Drop pasta in water when ready. Cook through.
- Place drained beans into sauce. Heat through in pasta sauce.
- Add drained pasta to sauce. Throw in hand fulls of fresh basil. Toss. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.