Author Notes: This drink was inspired by an Apple Cider martini I sampled at our local farmers market and the tradition of a neighbor who offers hot spiked cider to parents of trick or treaters. I tried mixing cold sweet cider with vodka, rum or bourbon. All were good but I liked the Maker's Mark bourbon version best. I used a little cinnamon syrup to add extra sweetness and spice. - JoanG
- 1 shot glass of Maker's Mark bourbon
- 4 ounces good local apple cider, best if unpasteurized
- 1/2 shot of cinnamon syrup (like Torani or Monin)
- 1 apple slice for garnish
- ice cubes or crushed ice
- Mix bourbon, cider and syrup together in a cocktail shaker along with the ice cubes or crushed ice. Shake and strain into a glass.
- Garnish with apple slice. Sip, and enjoy giving out candy to the trick or treaters. I think this treat is better than candy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat