Author Notes: This may look like a trick, but one sip and you will see that it is a TREAT! A midori cocktail is the first thing that popped in my mind when this week’s theme was announced – it is the perfect wicked witch green! This is what the adults at my house will be drinking on Halloween. Note: The black lava sea salt contains activated charcoal, which has a very dramatic visual effect against the fluorescent green of the midori. I will post a photo soon. - gingerroot
Serves 1, easily doubled or tripled
- 1 1/2 ounce Midori
- 1 1/2 ounce Malibu Rum
- 1 1/2 ounce Special Sour mix (see recipe below)
- Black Lava Sea Salt for rim
- Gummy eyeball (optional)
- Rim a martini glass in black lava sea salt if desired. Fill a shaker halfway with ice cubes. Add equal parts Midori, Malibu Rum, and Special Sour mix. Shake and strain into a martini glass. Sprinkle a few grains of salt into your glass if desired, for a dramatic, Halloween-y effect. Eyeballs optional. ENJOY!
- SPECIAL SOUR MIX: 2 cups coconut water + 1/3 cup agave + Juice of two Meyer lemons Combine ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and stir to mix. Refrigerate until chilled. Use as needed for Trick-or-Treat-tinis.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat