If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A heart-warming, savory dish best reserved for those times when you absolutely need everyone to gather around the table. - adamnsvetcooking —adamnsvetcooking
Food52 Review: Adamnsvet's Triple Surprise Paella was just fantastic! I made it for a small dinner party and we were all thrilled with the flavors. I've tried making paella various ways but have never been able to achieve the precious soccarat in an oven before, so I did decide to cook it stove top, just to be certain. The flavors were perfectly nuanced and balanced and even reminded me of my first memorable paella experience. I would happily make this again. – TiggyBee —The Editors
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 4 Chicken drumsticks
- 3 Links of Pork Chorizo
- 1 pound Shrimp (shelled and deveined), seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Med. Red Onion (sliced)
- 2 cups Bell pepper (diced, assorted colors)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 3/4 cup Olives (sliced, assorted types)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh thyme leaves (whole)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon Saffron (sprigs)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Olive Oil (for pan)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- In a 12" saute pan (or 18" paella pan) add enough olive oil to cover the bottom. Put pan over medium to high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan and sear both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place chorizo in pan and sear both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, peppers and olives. Continue to saute for 5 - 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and saute for 3 - 5 minutes (until rice begins to toast)
- Add chicken stock.
- Add cumin, saffron, bay leaves and thyme. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken and chorizo to pan. Arrange in decorative fashion. Cover with foil.
- Place pan in preheated oven. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Paella
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.