If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My first authentic Paella experience was in the Spanish Andalusian city of Seville. I loved how the Paella had a spicy taste from Cayenne pepper which paired perfectly with the sweet & smoky flavors of Pimenton Spanish paprika & wood fire roasted Paquillo peppers. I used authentic Spanish ingredients which I brought back from Spain this past June like the Zafferania saffron from Granada, Nunez di Prado extra virgin olive oil from Cordoba & 'La Odalisca' Pimentón - Sweet Paprika from Murcia. I wanted to give my Paella an authentic taste which takes me back to Andalusia every time I make this recipe at home! - onetribegourmet - onetribegourmet
Food52 Review: This tasty paella gets a fiery kick from the addition of cayenne pepper but is tempered by a selection of different types of seafood. Be sure not to push the clams deep into the rice, as they'll have trouble opening. Keep them on top of the rice so they can steam open. – Lauren - The Editors
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 12 black mussels, beards removed & scrubbed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/2 red onion, extra, finely chopped
- 2 pieces Italian sausage, cook ahead & sliced
- 2 wood roasted paquillo peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sivaris bomba paella rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Spansih saffron threads
- 2 cups organic chicken stock, heated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 12 extra large shrimp, unpealed Note: I kept the shrimp unpealed for more flavor.
- 12 little neck clams
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish pimenton smoked paprika
- Heat the wine and onion in a saucepan over high heat. Add the mussel, cover for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat, discard any unopened mussels, and drain, reserving the liquid to use later in the recipe.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy bottomed paella pan, add the extra onion, Italian Sausage (sliced) cook for five minutes, or until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, paquillo peppers, pimenton smoky paprika & cayenne pepper. Season with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in the reserved (wine/mussels) liquid, then add the rice and stir again. Blend the saffron with the stock and stir into the rice mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes without stirring.
- Put the peas, shrimp, clams on top of the rice. Push them into the rice, cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, turning over halfway through, until the rice is cooked. Add the mussels & lemon juice for the last 5 minutes to heat through. If the rice is not cooked, add extra stock and cook for a few more minutes.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then add the parsley. Enjoy!
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.