If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Gorgonzola adds a luscious depth to the dish that even keeps people who claim not to like Gorgonzola coming back for extra helpings. —Mike G
- 3½ pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, small, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 tablespoon Thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ cups Butter, melted
- 1½ cups Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Arrange an overlapping layer of thinly sliced potatoes in bottom of lightly greased 9 in. by 13 in. baking pan.
- Place over potatoes: a few thinly sliced onions, about 2 oz of Gorgonzola, about 1 Tbsp. of flour and the butter. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. thyme, ½ tsp. salt and pepper and about ½ cup cream. Repeat process until all the ingredients are used.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake another 20 to 30 minute or until the potatoes are soft and a golden crust forms.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Gratin
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.