If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The sweetness of the butternut squash combined with the heat of poblano peppers makes this a delicious chicken soup or stew. - nannydeb
Serves 6 ish
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 chicken thighs, skin and fat removed (I like dark meat, but you could use a couple of chicken breasts if you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups butternut squash, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium poblano peppers, seeds and stem removed, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried Marjoram
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans, or 1 14 oz. can
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat chicken broth.
- Add all ingredients except garbanzo beans, salt & pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken thighs and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, debone and chop the chicken and add it back to the soup.
- Add garbanzo beans and heat through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls