Author Notes: The amount of chipotle used can be varied, depending upon the tastes of the chef and expected consumers. - Judith Rae
- 2 medium butternut squash
- 2 canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the butternut squash, halve, then remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1-inch cubes.
- Steam squash until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Mince chilies with some of the adobo sauce, and mash into a paste.
- Scoop squash into mixing bowl and beat with chili paste, butter, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Put into buttered 2-quart baking dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees F until hot, about 20 minutes. (Note this can be prepared a day ahead, covered, and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before reheating.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash