If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The amount of chipotle used can be varied, depending upon the tastes of the chef and expected consumers. - Judith Rae
- 2 medium butternut squash
- 2 canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the butternut squash, halve, then remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1-inch cubes.
- Steam squash until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Mince chilies with some of the adobo sauce, and mash into a paste.
- Scoop squash into mixing bowl and beat with chili paste, butter, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Put into buttered 2-quart baking dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees F until hot, about 20 minutes. (Note this can be prepared a day ahead, covered, and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before reheating.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
This burger's all that and a bag of barbecue-flavored chips.
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Prep your pans for perfection.
Behind the scenes.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.