Author Notes: These would be a great accompaniment to your Thanksgiving dinner or just eaten by themselves for breakfast. They were great as an afternoon snack today! - nannydeb
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter or spray cooking oil on your muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, corn meal, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In another bowl, squish the roasted butternut squash with a fork to prevent large lumps.
- To the squash add the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, orange juice, butter and liqueur. Mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the squash mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
Tags: sweet and savory