If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These would be a great accompaniment to your Thanksgiving dinner or just eaten by themselves for breakfast. They were great as an afternoon snack today! - nannydeb
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups roasted butternut squash
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter or spray cooking oil on your muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, corn meal, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In another bowl, squish the roasted butternut squash with a fork to prevent large lumps.
- To the squash add the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, orange juice, butter and liqueur. Mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the squash mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
Tags: sweet and savory