If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We got this idea from scalloped potatoes and backed acorn squash. This recipe is made truly to taste, if you are a cinnamon or nutmeg lover you can add as much or as little you would like. - adamnsvetcooking - adamnsvetcooking
Food52 Review: This lovely dessert pulls together several familiar flavors of autumn to produce a true crowd pleaser, which is delicious, light, and both vegetarian and gluten free. Taking to heart adamnsvetcooking’s comment that you need not use the full amounts of the flavoring ingredients, I used a teaspoon of cinnamon, less than a teaspoon of nutmeg, and a total of three tablespoons of sugar, with great results. I look forward to making this again, playing with the spices used, perhaps substituting ginger and cardamom. What a great recipe! EP honors are definitely in order here. - AntoniaJames - A&M
- 1/2 Of medium sized butternut squash pealed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon Freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Brown suggar
- 1/2 Stick of butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 425ºC.
- Take the quartered butternut squash and clean out the seeds area.
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice the butternut squash. Brush the bottom of a large soufflé dish with butter. Arrange the butternut squash in a overlapping pattern. Sprinkle with little bit of nutmeg, cinnamon, and brown sugar (about a tbs of brown sugar). Add another layer of butternut squash, bush with butter and sprinkle with nutmeg, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Continue the pattern until all of the butternut squash has been used. It will make about 4 layers. Brush the top layer with butter and sprinkle with the nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar. (It's okay if you have left over nutmeg, cinnamon or brown sugar).
- Place into oven and bake for about 35 to 55 mins or until the butternut squash is soft in the middle.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash