If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: OK, study break before my cardiovascular exam tomorrow (the joys of med school!). This is one of those simple autumn dishes that can easily be made on a week night. Mixing your own curry powder gives it a little more zing --I wish I had had the whole spices to make it truly from scratch! —student epicure
- 1 2 lb butternut squash, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 425. In a very large baking dish, combine squash, onion and red onion. You wan to be able to spread the vegetables out in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, combine spices. Pour over vegetables in baking dish, along with a couple grinds of pepper, and toss until well combined.
- Bake for ~30 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir every 15 minutes or so to make sure squash isn't sticking to dish.
- Remove from onion and let cool slightly. Toss with feta and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.