If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Taking a twist on David Lebovitz's frozen strawberry yogurt recipe, I transformed a classic recipe and gave it a squashy spin! Using farm fresh butternut squash and sage right out of my garden, this recipe makes for a refreshing fall treat. - dieubert
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 whole butternut squash
- small piece of ginger
- about 5 sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups yogurt
- Start off by peeling the butternut squash, cut it into small pieces. Bring water to a simmer, drop the squash in until soft
- In the meantime, in a small pan melt the brown sugar with the butter. Julienne the sage and chop the ginger into small pieces
- After the sugar has dissolved and melted in with the butter, add the sage and ginger until fragrance releases. Set aside and let it cool
- When the squash becomes soft, mash it with a spoon or potato masher then add in the cinnamon and nutmeg and let it cool completely
- Using a blender, mix the yogurt then one C of the squash and blend into a well mix. The consistency should be smooth. Make sure that the mix isn't gritty by tasting as you blend. Add the butter mixture in and blend for a few more seconds. The yogurt and squash measurement can be altered. It can be equal parts or more yogurt or more squash, but should be smooth, similar to a smoothie
- After this is well blended and mixed, transfer it to an ice cream maker (make sure your ice cream bowl is frozen otherwise it will not churn properly) and let it churn until it becomes a frozen yogurt consistency.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.