If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every year at Halloween time I enjoy the challenge of creating a menu based on the colors of this fun filled "holiday"-orange and black. This was a favorite side dish from one year's party. - REC
- 1 butternut squash(2-21/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Asian fermented black beans,rinsed, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 small green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Peel, seed, quarter lengthwise the squash then cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Arrange squash slices on an oiled baking sheet and roast at 350 degrees 15 minutes or till tender; cool
- In a small bowl whisk together the rest of the ingredients except cilantro till well mixed.
- Arrange the squash slices in a serving dish and drizzle the vinaigrette over top, garnishing with the cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.