If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rice Pudding has so many versions, so I wanted to mix it up with an Indian & Moroccan flavors. Indian style rice pudding is not complete without the addition of cardamon.However on the other hand, the Moroccan style rice pudding is bare without the addition of the utmost aromatic orange blossom water. I made a creamy luscious rice pudding and infused it with the flavor of orange blossom water & cardamom. Toasted pistachios were the perfect topping for this Internationally delectable dessert! —onetribegourmet
- 1 cup Basmati Rice, Cooked
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Orange Flower Water
- 1 handful Toasted & Chopped Pistachios
- Please Note: I found that cooked basmati rice makes the process much easier & the process is much quicker. In a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat, combine the cooked rice and milk. Heat until the mixture begins comes to boil.
- Decrease the heat to low and cook at a simmer until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring frequently, approximately 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the heavy cream, sugar, orange blossom water and cardamom and continue to cook until the mixture just begins to thicken again, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture just begins to thicken, remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to individual serving dishes or a glass bowl and place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the rice pudding.
- Serve chilled with the toasted pistachis topping. I used my Turkish Chai glasses to serve the rice pudding which I bought from the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.