If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I attended undergrad at SUNY Binghamton, there was a cafe housed inside an old garage, The Lost Dog Cafe. We would sit there for too many hours and drink coffee beverages with cute names like "The Girl Scout" and snack on the inspiration for this Peppadew Dip. I don't know what was in it, probably not peppadews, but it was orange, creamy, tangy, and overwhelmingly garlicky. Peppadew dip is equally delicious and maybe even more addictive. Danger. :) - iuzzini —iuzzini
Food52 Review: This is a lovely dip that can be used in a variety of ways. I served it with pretzel sticks as an appetizer and also liked it stuffed in celery stalks. I spread some on a toasty cheese quesadilla and it became a wonderfully bright condiment to perk up that dish, instead of the usual guacamole. The combination of pickled and roasted peppers with sundried tomatoes and cream cheese is a wonderful mix of tangy flavors. I can imagine many other uses for this dip as well, such as spread in a sandwich . – JoanG —The Editors
Serves 2 cups
- 1/4 cup peppadews (pickled)
- 1/4 cup oil packed sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- juice from half a lemon
- Place first four ingredients in the food processor and puree (feel free to leave it chunky if you prefer- would also be pretty tasty this way . . .)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whir whir whir. Done.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with sliced baguette or pita, chips, crudités, or anything your dipping heart desires.
- Alternatively, pipe the dip into pepadews and serve "Peppadew stuffed Peppadews." What is cuter than that? ;)
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.