If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is always a tofurkey on the Thanksgiving table in need of an equally good vegetarian gravy. This is also quite nice on chips or mashed potatoes and is a simple all-purpose vegetarian gravy —SweetTea
Serves 6 servings
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons mild or golden miso paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons chile paste (sambal olek if you can find it)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup standard or plain flour
- 1/2 cup water
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, whisk together all ingredients except for the flour and water. Heat to almost boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour and water to form a smooth paste. Slowly add to the gravy mixture, while whisking gently.
- Continue cooking until gravy reaches desired thickness and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gravy
It's a little Spanish, a little Italian, and a lot wonderful
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Meet beaver tails.
A better basket.