Author Notes: There is always a tofurkey on the Thanksgiving table in need of an equally good vegetarian gravy. This is also quite nice on chips or mashed potatoes and is a simple all-purpose vegetarian gravy - SweetTea
Serves 6 servings
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons mild or golden miso paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons chile paste (sambal olek if you can find it)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup standard or plain flour
- 1/2 cup water
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, whisk together all ingredients except for the flour and water. Heat to almost boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour and water to form a smooth paste. Slowly add to the gravy mixture, while whisking gently.
- Continue cooking until gravy reaches desired thickness and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gravy