If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Traditional South Indian recipe - pauljoseph
- Ghee : 3 tsp
- Semiya( Vermicelli) : ½ cup
- Milk : 3 cup
- Sugar : ½ cup
- Raisinn : few
- Broken raw Cashew : few
- Cardamom : 2 nos
- In a pan heat 2 tsp of ghee and fry the Vermicelli lightly browned . Set aside.
- In a separate pan bring the milk and 1 cup water to boil. Add the fried pasta and continue boiling for 5 min. Add the sugar and simmer, stirring frequency to prevent the semiya from sticking to the bottom ( 20 to 25 min ) the mixture is done when it reach the consistency of heavy cream.
- Fry the raisin and cashew nuts in the remaining 2 tsp ghee until lightly browned. Add these and the cardamom to the milk , stir and remove from the heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.
Lamb and Sweet Potato Stew
Recipe of the Day
Caramelized Sauerkraut With Prunes, Herbs, and Honey