If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The sweet and crisp qualities of a Fuyu persimmon work really well with the salty and savory notes of blue cheese, walnuts and kale. - theyearinfood
- 5-6 cups shredded kale
- 1 large Fuyu persimmon
- 1 cup chopped, roasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbly blue cheese
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt + pepper to taste
- Mix the kale with the juice of half a lemon and leave to marinate in the fridge for about an hour. (You can omit this step if pressed for time, but it won’t be as good!)
- Meanwhile, prep the dressing by whisking the olive oil into the yogurt. Then, blend in the juice of the other lemon half, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Season to your liking with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Crumble the cheese, slice the persimmons and chop the walnuts if this hasn’t been done. Gently toss the persimmons and walnuts with the kale. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss. Top the salad with the gorgonzola or blue cheese. It’s possible that you may have a little dressing leftover, depending on how much kale you used. If so, refrigerate for future use. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side