Author Notes: When fall arrives at our house, baked goods turn to pumpkin in every form from simple pumpkin pie to delectable pumpkin ricotta cheesecake. This recipe leans more toward the simple end of the spectrum, but the Maldon elevates it to a family favorite at our house. - 1840 Farm
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/5 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maldon sea salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack placed in middle of the oven. Line a sheet pan or jelly roll pan with Silpat or parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and Maldon sea salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir eggs and both sugars until well combined. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin puree and stir until smooth. Add dry ingredients and fold until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Using offset spatula, spread until batter is evenly distributed in the pan. Place in preheated oven.
- Bake cake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only crumbs attached.
- Remove cake from oven and set pan on wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Prepare clean tea towel by lightly sprinkling with powdered sugar. Carefully turn cake onto towel and allow to cool another ten minutes. Gently roll cake in towel and allow to cool completely.
- As cake cools, prepare filling. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Set aside until cake is completely cool.
- Unroll cooled cake and spread filling evenly over cake. Using towel, gently roll cake and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator at least one hour. Slice and serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert