If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Panna cotta is my go-to dessert because it's so quick to put together and so incredibly crowd-pleasing. I've developed several flavors, but this one, inspired by Autumn's toasty flavors and the Bourbon cocktails I start sipping this time of year, is the perfect finish to a Thanksgiving feast. - danielle_centoni
Bourbon-Cinnamon Panna Cotta
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks, broken
- 1/2 cup Bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place water in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin on top and set aside to soften.
- Place cream, milk, sugar and broken cinnamon sticks in a medium saucepan. Set over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. When mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat, cover and let stand for 30 minutes to allow cinnamon to infuse.
- Meanwhile, place bourbon in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup. Remove from heat.
- Reheat cream mixture until beginning to steam. Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin until dissolved, then add bourbon and vanilla.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large glass measuring cup with a spout. Divide mixture evenly among 8 4-ounce ramekins. Allow to cool a few minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Pecan Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a deep saucepan. Set over medium high heat and cook swirling the pan occasionally to promote even browning, until mixture turns nut brown. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, cream, salt, bourbon and vanilla. Stir in the pecans.
- Spoon a tablespoon of Pecan Caramel sauce on top of each ramekin and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.