If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was adapted from an old Paula Dean recipe. My mother loves tomatoes, and this is one of her favorites. If you can find heirloom tomatoes they work best in this recipe, if not ripe red ones are fine. If you do not want to make it in a pie crust, you can also develop it into a casserole. - Table9
- 1 Prebaked deep dish pie shell, or homemade if you have time
- 4 Large Heirloom Tomatoes
- 10 Fresh Basil Leaves, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Onion, Chopped
- 1 cup Grated Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Grated Gruyere
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper for taste
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Grated Parmigiano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blanch the tomatoes and slice. Place the tomatoes in the strainer to drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, gruyere, mozzarella, salt and pepper.
- Layer the tomato slices, basil and green onion in pie shell. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the mayonnaise and cheese mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle top with grated Parmigiano and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.