If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a great use for your favorite root vegetables, if using beets cook them separately from the other vegetables to prevent a pink mess. You can also substitute extra virgin olive oil for the butter to make this recipe vegan or suitable to be served with meat as part of a kosher meal. - Hippo Flambe
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 cups Carrots cut into 1/2 inch peices
- 3 cups Parsnips cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 1 Bay Laurel Leaf (preferably fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saute pan.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Put the lid on the pan and shake to coat the vegetables in the liquid.
- Simmer over medium heat until the vegetables start to become tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pan lid and increase the heat to high.
- Cook, stirring often until the liquid is reduced and the vegetables are all coated in a syrupy glaze.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, remove the thyme sprigs and bay laurel leaf.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
The Underrated Pantry Hero
A love you never knew you had for Cracklin' Oat Bran.
Cereal = Dessert
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Recipe of the Day
The Daily Grind
A Shoo-In Salad