If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the South, when it is football season rolls around, you know you must come up with great new recipes to keep the football crowd happy. I developed a homemade salsa and tortilla chip recipe because I got tired of eating the processed chips and salsa in a jar. This recipe is cheap,easy to make and totally worth the extra 10 minutes it takes to prepare. Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez! Go Saints! —Table9
Serves a crowd
Baked Tortilla Chips
- 1 Bag Small Flour Tortillas
- A Few Drizzles of Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cavender's Greek Seasoning
- Kosher or Sea Salt to taste
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Can Whole Kernel Yellow Corn, drained
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained
- 1 Can Original Rotelle, drained
- 3/4 Can Black Eyed Peas
- 1 Palmful of Cilantro, chopped (use as much or as little as you like)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- For the salsa, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- While salsa is refrigerating, remove tortillas from the bag and using a pizza cutter cut tortillas into triangles. Just cut as many as you need.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, place the tortillas triangles flat and not layered on top of each other so they cook evenly. Drizzle tortillas with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and Cavender's Seasoning.
- Place in the oven, cook until golden brown on one side and then flip tortillas half way through until other side is golden brown. This takes no time at all, so make sure they do not burn. Remove chips from oven and let rest for 5 minutes until mildly crispy.
- Remove salsa from the fridge, mix to combine and serve side-by-side with baked tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews is the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
How to keep shelves tidy.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Get your shine on.