Author Notes: This may also be made with pork chops. Look for nice fatty ones and brine them before cooking. - amanda
- 4 veal chops, with fat on the outer edge, about 3/4-inch thick, at room temperature
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 large sage leaves
- Season the veal chops on one side with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Place a sauté pan large enough to fit the chops in a single layer. Cook over high heat for a minute or two. Add the butter and oil and heat until the foam subsides. Carefully lay the veal chops, seasoned side down, in the pan. Season the other side of the chops with salt and pepper, and sprinkle them with sage leaves, pushing a few down into the base of the pan. Let the chops cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until browned, then turn and cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and garnish with the browned sage leaves.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!