If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While many times noodle kugel has sweetness, cinnamon and often raisins this one does not. This takes more after potato kugel which falls, from what I have seen, more on the savory side. While at first glance it looks heavy it is not. The noodles become pillowy and tender. I think the flavor of the cheeses and chives go really really well with turkey and chicken. With these on the table you can forgo trying to make mashed potatoes at the last minute because no one will miss them. —thirschfeld
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked al dente according to the package directions, rinsed and cooled
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup organic sour cream
- 1/2 cup organic cottage cheese
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated, divided into half cup portions
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- kosher salt and fresh ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs, mixed with a tablespoon of unsalted butter and seasoned with salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Place the drained noodles into a bowl and mix them with the melted butter. Season them with salt and pepper.
- In another mixing bowl combine the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of gruyere and the chives. Whisk them to combine. Add them to the noodles and mix them well. Season them lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour the noodles into a 1 1/2 quart buttered casserole. Spread the remaining cheese across the noodles then the bread crumbs out evenly over the top of the noodles and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. They should bubble at the edges, the crumbs should brown, and the center should be set when touched.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.