Author Notes: Quick and easy, this colorful carrot side dish is sure to please everyone on Thanksgiving. The multi color carrots are a nice change from the usual carrots. - LazizaBites
- 2 pounds multi color carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- handfuls walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Balsamic Glaze (for drizzling)
- Place carrots in a large saute pan with the water, over high heat.
- Add butter, honey, and agave nectar to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to med- low, and cover the carrots.
- Cook for about 12 -14 minutes, giving the pan a shake once in awhile to let carrots evenly glaze. The butter/agave/honey will start to caramelize as the carrots become softer. Add water if needed.
- Turn off heat, and sprinkle a little sea salt over carrots, then drizzle carrots with balsamic glaze.
- Garnish with parsley and walnuts, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side