If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Also known as Sa Lach Dia, this is a refreshing and attractive salad for the holiday/Thanksgiving table. - Anthony Chiffolo
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 head Boston lettuce, shredded
- 2 Asian pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into strips
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 scallions, shredded
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 4 sprigs basil
- 4 sprigs mint
- 4 sprigs dill
- 3 hot pumpkin peppers
- Wash all ingredients and arrange in a bowl or on a platter. Serve with a crushed peanut and lime vinaigrette (see next).
Crushed Peanut and Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili oil
- 2 tablespoons mint, freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.