If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The ingredients are very simple but the combination of hot fierce red chilly with starchy potatoes and tangy tamarind makes it a huge hit! Eaten on its own or with corn or potato chips. - kulsum Kunwa
- 3 Large size Potatoes
- 2 teaspoons red chilly powder (reduce to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- Boil the potatoes till almost fork tender. Don't let it completely boil through as it will cook further.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Meanwhile mix the spices, tamarinf and water together including the salt.
- In a wok, heat the oil and fry the potatoes for couple of minutes.
- Add the spice mixture and quickly toss the potatoes around to absorb all the spice. Cook for 7-10 minutes. Add more water if required.
- Serve with garnish of cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side