Author Notes: The ingredients are very simple but the combination of hot fierce red chilly with starchy potatoes and tangy tamarind makes it a huge hit! Eaten on its own or with corn or potato chips. - kulsum Kunwa
- 3 Large size Potatoes
- 2 teaspoons red chilly powder (reduce to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- Boil the potatoes till almost fork tender. Don't let it completely boil through as it will cook further.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Meanwhile mix the spices, tamarinf and water together including the salt.
- In a wok, heat the oil and fry the potatoes for couple of minutes.
- Add the spice mixture and quickly toss the potatoes around to absorb all the spice. Cook for 7-10 minutes. Add more water if required.
- Serve with garnish of cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side