If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I fell in love with muesli in Switzerland this summer. The Swiss really know how to do breakfast. Everywhere I stayed, I woke up to a breakfast spread with fresh-baked breads, soft-boiled eggs, an array of cheeses and charcuterie, poached fruit, fresh berries and currants...but nothing was as good as the muesli. I tried to reproduce the same dish back home in California, but I never could get it quite right. I really missed the shiny red currants that were ubiquitous in Switzerland, but I only was able to find dried here. Finally I decided to stop trying to approximate the Swiss version and just made up my own, replacing the currants with pomegranate, among other things. Good choice. I think I like it even better. - linzarella - linzarella
Food52 Review: For every indulgent holiday breakfast, there should be at least one on your repertoire that should make you feel virtuous… So that you can eat all those Christmas cookies later! Linzarella’s muesli is nice and milky, with pomegranates and nuts added in for crunch. The addition of the tea, and I used a citrus-y ginger green tea, made me feel like I was starting the most important meal of the day on the right foot. The apple lends a subtle flavor that compliments the rest of the dish. - cbear1984
- 1/2 apple
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds or walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup lemon ginger tea, or more
- honey, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Grate the apple on a box grater. Put it in a bowl with the oats, nuts, pomegranate, and yogurt, and stir well. Add the ginger lemon tea to dilute the yogurt to a consistency somewhere in between milk and yogurt. However you like it. Add the salt and honey, and leave it to sit overnight, or for at least 15 minutes. When ready to eat, adjust honey and salt and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
Your Favorite Items for a Wedding Registry
Wedding season approaches.
Wedding registry must haves.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wildcard Winner Recap
Do you haiku?