If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is based on one given to me by my friend Salima years ago. It quickly became a family favorite and kids always enjoy it, too. I've had a few people say they don't like carrots but love this souffle (the magic of butter and sugar...). Perfect on your holiday table (including Halloween for an orange dish) or anytime of year. - BlueKaleRoad
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, sliced and steamed or boiled until very soft
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9x9 inch square baking dish. If doubling the recipe, prepare a 9x13 inch dish.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping side the down as needed. Pour batter into baking dish.
- At this point, you can refrigerate the dish overnight and bake just before serving, or you can bake ahead and warm in the oven before serving. It is also good room temperature.
- Bake for 40 minutes. If making in a 9x13 inch dish, bake for 45 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.