If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I am going to throw a party I am going to throw a party. I pull out the 3 foot by 4 foot plexiglass piece I had cut just for this. I put it in the middle of my table and then I go to the store to buy veggies and seafood that looks really fresh. I top the whole thing with splashes of wine vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper it and then serve a lemon mayonnaise with it. —thirschfeld
Serves how ever many you need to serve
- 2 to 3 Jonah crab claws per person
- 2 to 4 mussels per person, steamed in your favorite way, then chilled
- 3 to 5 asparagus spears per person, blanched in heavily salted water, chilled immediately in an ice bath
- 2 to 3 fingerling potatoes per person, cooked until tender halved, chilled
- 3 to 4 leaves of Belgian endive per person
- 1/2 hard boiled egg per person
- 3 to 4 mixed olives per person
- 2 to 3 cucumber slices per person
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- white wine vinegar
- olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- other options: shrimp, oysters, radishes, shaved raw sunchokes, baby zuchinni, scallions, pretty much you are looking for the freshest of fresh
- Combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice. Whisk to combine.
- Arrange the seafood and the vegetables attractively on a platter. If you aren't serving it immediately refrigerate it, covered with plastic wrap and do not dress it.
- Just before serving drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Serve the lemon mayonnaise on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Forget Green Pesto
Here's why red is rad
Green pesto is so last summer.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Beet greens can't be beat.
Savor the season.